viernes, 12 de marzo de 2010

Ahab's Adventures

I hate flying. There, I said it. It's not the pilots' fault, it's me. I have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that something that big (and heavy) is anywhere but on the ground. And, the tight quarters don't help either. So, needless to say, I fly only when I have to.

My distaste for the panicky-skies also means that my travels are kept to a minimum. And, having three kids, three and under doesn't help either. That said, I love adventure. In fact, if I had the choice to be either Bill Gates or Indiana Jones, I'd pick Jones in a New York minute.

But now I've met Ahab. He just might very well change the way I look at traveling. He's motivated my human spirit. He and Geeg have challenged me to; turn a stranger into a friend, do something that I've always wanted to do, volunteer, and finally ... be a bit greener. Like I mentioned before, Ahab is like a little mini Anthony Robbins, but without the annoying voice and chiseled cheek bones.

If I haven't quite described Ahab for you yet, you'll need to go and check him out for yourself. He's a short little little fella with an adorable outfit. According to Geeg, he's a wannbe pirate trapped in a fisherman's jacket. How's that for cuteness? He's also an adventurous guy, always looking for his next challenge. Again, go to the site an check him out for yourself.

The directions for Ahab's logo were clear, they were looking for a skull and cross-bones design with an Ahab touch. And, you know us, we aim to please. They want a skull for Ahab, a skull for Ahab they shall receive.

Now that you've seen the logo and read the background, go check out their site and spend sometime fishing around their pages (get it? Ahab. Fisherman jacket. Fishing.). You'll sure to find a cute little guy with a big message.

Ahoy Mates.

5 comentarios:

  1. Love it. Love it. LOVE IT!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks Jason. If you've seen the pics of Ahab, the whole thing makes a lot more sense.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Awesome job guys! I LOVE it when people really know what they are talking about in terms of Ahab and you guys hit the nail on the head. When you said 'a catalyst for change' I knew you really took a look through the site .... this logo work will definitely be used some where at some point! We all love it! I'm glad we gave you guys a try!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks Geeg, glad everyone liked it. Of course we took the Ahab's Adventures online journey. Loved everything. We're hoping that he makes his way to the Midwest soon. We could use a Ahab hug and photo opp.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Looks Awesome! *seventeen thumbs up*

    ResponderEliminar