sábado, 13 de marzo de 2010

Service 365

Let me get serious with you for a minute. I know, I know ... when I make poop references and butt pinching suggestions, it's tough to take anything I say serious, right? Just bare with me for a moment and I promise I'll get back to my crassitude.

Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING breaks my heart more than the thought of a child suffering. Suffering from neglect, abuse, illness ... whatever. Children don't deserve it — ever. In my opinion, those who harm a child deserve nothing less than a lifetime in prison — no exceptions, no parole, no T.V., no internet ... nothing. The should stare at four blank concrete walls for the rest of their life and just think about what they've done.

Alright, I'm done now. It felt good to get that out.

Now, I didn't tell you that for shits and giggles, and I didn't tell you that because I'm ready to go all vigilante like Charles Bronson in Death Wish. No, the reason I got on my soapbox was to explain how I intend on using what Stephen is putting together with Service 365.

You see, I'm always on the look-out for great causes and/or organizations that support children in need. The truth is, with three kids of my own and a 365-day logo business, it's difficult to find the time to jump into something new without fulling understanding what's involved. That's where Stephen is going to come in really, really handy.

Amongst other things, Service 365 is going to provide a snapshot of what organizations do and help people like me, better understand exactly what I should expect when I choose to get involved. That's going to save me a butt-load of up-front effort, providing me more time to volunteer.

I happen to personally think that this business idea is pretty frickin' awesome. But, then again, Stephen's pretty awesome, so I should have expected it. He's so awesome in fact, if you happen to run into him at a charity event, McDonald's or a WalMart restroom, grab him by the ears and pull him in for a big wet one right on the smackers. Crassness is slowly coming back.

The logo embodies what Stephen was going for. A professional image with a color bold enough to attract the eye (BTW, Orange is his life color). We used the circle image to represent the amiable nature of his organization.

Now that you know Stephen and Service 365, it's time to get involved. Start by becoming a fan and a follower. Trust me, Stephen will not disappoint.

P.S. Remember, if you see someone harming a child, punch him in the nads. And, if it's a lady ... I'll leave that up to you.

Later mater (I'm not sure why)

14 comentarios:

  1. Like one of my most favoritest logos and people in the world of the internets! Love the logo! Love the website idea and the meaning and passion behind it! *a zillion thumbs up*

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The idea behind this logo makes it priceless!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks guys. Stephen and his organization are one in a million. Speaking of a million, Stephen's helping our partner, Jason Sadler, get 1 million shirts donated to Africa. What's not to like about Stephen?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Amazing site. I can't wait to get involved!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Great logo! inspires you with just a glance!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. The logo is awesome,just like the site!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Y'all rock! Thanks for the thoughtful comments. Dana and Tony are the real rock stars behind the logo. I have a tendency to be "thorough," and they summarized everything I gave them into what you're seeing. That's talent.

    I love these guys right back! They definitely rock my face off. :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Very nice- it gets your attention, but not in an obnoxious way. Great website, too!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Yep, that is a logo fit for Stephen. For real though, I am just glad that there is someone out there, like Stephen, that has the heart, passion, and vision for helping others. Now to only find other trendsetters like you around the country and this world!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I've known Stephen since high school and his committmet to service and helping the community cannot be surpassed. This site is great and I really do like the logo. Congrats on another success Stephen.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Jason likes this.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Thanks for all the comments today everyone. Stephen is a rare breed and we're happy that we got to play a role in Service 365.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. This guy... is awesome! Can't wait until 1MillionShirts gets up and running and he serving even more than right now. (Wait, is that possible?)

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Connor - Elite CSS15 de marzo de 2010, 5:25

    Stephen is awesome, and I pledge to have his site done by the end of the week at the latest! It's going to rock.

    ResponderEliminar