miércoles, 10 de marzo de 2010

Elite CSS

I'll be honest, Connor's like our little brother. He's almost an extension of us. In fact, if you hurt his feelings, Jason is going to take his t-shirt off and be mean to you on Ustream. And Tony and I will yell at you on Twitter. Watch yourself. I'm just saying.

Ok, now that the uncomfortable part is out of the way, let's move on.

Do you see all those words in the green bar up above? If you bring your pointer-thingy up there and roll over it, a line appears under the word. Did you see how that works? Connor did that. The little underline thing was our idea, but Connor made it appear magically like that. That's what he (and his company) does. They make websites work.

I'll admit, we're HTML dumb. In fact, until we met Connor, I thought HTML was pronounced, hit-mil. But, you give us a Mac Book Pro, magic mouse and Adobe Photoshop and we'll whip something up lickity split. You see, that's why we're in love with Elite CSS. They take those designs of ours and convert them into exhitmil (also known as xHTML) and sis (also known as CSS) within 24 hours. It rocks.

For us, it's the perfect partnership. Elite CSS is the like the peanut butter and we're the jelly. No, they're like the tomato and we're the bacon on a BLT. Wait, that doesn't even make sense. Who's the lettuce? Plus, I don't even like tomatoes. Alright, we're the poop and they're the toilet paper. Perfect. We push something out and he gets it all cleaned up. Forget it ... I give up. You get where I'm going though.

Connor was looking for an identity that helped tell the story of what Elite CSS does best, converting Photoshop files into code. We used a simple illustration to represent the process of sending multiple files and ending up with a finished product. The colors we used, along with gradient, represent the process of going from a Photoshop file (Blue) to a Dreamweaver file (Green).

Ok, it's time for me to stop writing now, I just went an entire paragraph without making fun of myself or someone else. I'm out.

XOXOXO (It's a complicated coding thing, Connor gets it)

5 comentarios:

  1. Connor freakin rocks and so does that logo!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i need a logo for @erepoker

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Connor - Elite CSS11 de marzo de 2010, 4:06

    Haha! Awesome write up. Thanks so much for the kind words guys. Keep up the great work Tony and Dana. I’ll be in touch today about a few things.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Haha! Awesome write up. Thanks so much for the kind words guys. Keep up the great work Tony and Dana. I'll be in touch today about a few things.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Connor - Elite CSS11 de marzo de 2010, 4:37

    Wow, I just reread the text: "Plus, I don’t even like tomatoes. Alright, we’re the poop and they’re the toilet paper. Perfect. We push something out and he gets it all cleaned it up. Forget it … I give up. You get where I’m going though."

    HILARIOUS! You guys are awesome.

    ResponderEliminar